Unique Products and Customized ServicesWe’ve developed partnerships that have allowed us to bring our clients some very exclusive product offerings, ones that help to transform a dealership’s image, profitability, and sales figures. Additionally, most of the time we find that our clients are set up in the wrong ownership structures, and by doing so they're "leaving a lot of money on the table". For that reason, we've also brought them programs that might be harder to administer on our side, but are much better for our clients' bottom lines. We've listed a few below.
All of our products are back by A Rated insurance carriers. All administration is done directly by the insurance companies.
To begin a discussion as to how Harbor First can help develop your dealerships' income, please contact us today.
Dealer Owned Warranty Company (DOWC) –
- Low formation expenses
- An extended multi-year tax deferral period during which dividends are available to shareholders
- A domestically owned corporation
- Shareholders can actively direct the investment of reserves via TD Ameritrade
- DOWC reserves are not subject to premium taxes (saving 1.5% to 4% per VSC)
- Cash is available via distributions to shareholders as early as year one
- Great source of additional capital for a dealership, as the DOWC can be borrowed against
Non-Controlled Foreign Warranty Company (NCFC) (Reinsurance) –
- A low initial investment ($2,500 Share Price is Capital in the Share)
- Not subject to US Corporate income tax
- Premium is not subject to $1.2M IRS threshold for small insurance company tax treatment
- Cash redemptions typically taxed as Long-Term Capital Gain
- Products that are reinsurable include VSC, GAP, Tire & Wheel, etc.
Debt Cancellation –
- This is not an insurance product as regulated by each State. Dealers have the ability to create their own rates.
- Can include involuntary unemployment coverage.
- Dealer has the ability to develop their own product details (different types of coverage)
Service Drive –
- Designed to promote traditional and unique F&I products through a dealer’s service and parts department.
Lifetime Warranty (both a powertrain and an engine warranty) –
- A great vehicle to aid in increasing sales
- Improves customer retention
- The ability to wrap exclusionary coverage around it helps to boost F&I penetration
- Not subject to a finite term
- Zero deductible
- Marketing media provided at no cost.